Nepal, a land of pristine beauty offers unique opportunities for photographers interested in travel and landscape photography. We explore both a rich local culture with spectacular vistas of the Himalayas.
“ I felt the daily critiques helped me not only take better photos but also look at my subject in different ways.” Participant
The workshop traverses lands inhabited by the Sherpa people, known for their hospitality and incredible strength in high altitudes. We begin the workshop in Kathmandu visiting a number of the UNESCO world heritage destinations. We then take a spectacular mountain flight to the town of Lukla where our adventure truly begins.
As we make our way high into the mountainous terrain of Solu Khumbu, Everest, we climb west to the village of Gokyo and the five sacred lakes on the moraine beside the Ngozumpa Glacier where we will witness some of the highest mountains in the world all while taking in the magnificence of the place with our cameras.
This trek includes daily photographic sessions, group and one-on-one instruction, demonstrations, and critiques of your work. Instead of formal lectures, our workshop will be focused on providing support in the field to develop your photographic technique, skill, and voice. Some of the topics we will cover are: using your camera to its full potential, capturing unique landscapes and natural portraits of local life.
Our small group size allows personalized attention, with the goal of developing your technique, composition, and storytelling skills. This unforgettable experience is perfect for those who predominantly wish to go trekking but, at the same time, learn and improve their photography skills.
This workshop is for beginner to intermediate photographers who are looking for a trek of moderate difficulty.
Everest and Gokyo Lakes photography tour/workshop focus are on capturing the story and experience of being in Nepal rather than a snapshot record of it. And most importantly, we’ll have lots of fun and laughs along the way.
- Accompanied by a professional photographer
- The student to teacher ratio 8:1
- Small group with personalized attention
- Short hiking days allowing for plenty of photography time
- Daily critique of your photography
- Explore and immerse in both culture and landscapes of Nepal
- Stunning views of Himalayas mountains
- Experience the tradition of the market in Namche Bazaar
- Ascending Gokyo Ri and incredible panorama views of the world’s highest mountains including Everest
- Climbing the remote valley trail to Gokyo and its sacred glacial lakes
- In Kathmandu – Boudhanath Stupa and Monkey Temple