The following protocol has been issued on 29th March 2021 by the Government of Nepal (Ministry of Culture/Tourism) for managing the arrival of incoming tourist to Nepal.
The process for tourists to enter Nepal
- Tourist visiting Nepal must take visa from Nepal’s Diplomatic Mission in their respective country.
- In absence of Nepal’s Diplomatic Mission or in case of difficulty in availing visa in the home country, visitors arriving by air can get on arrival visa from the Immigration desk at Tribhuwan International Airport.
- However, such tourists must have a pre-visa recommendation letter issued by Department of Tourism (DOT) OR Nepal Tourism Board (NTB).
- DOT or NTB shall issue the visa recommendation letter; only after submission of all required documents by the concerned local agency in Nepal.
Tourists coming to Nepal
- All tourists visiting Nepal must furnish the following documents in the Airline Check- In counter before boarding:
- PCR negative report of swab taken within 72 hours of boarding OR report of complete vaccination against COVID-19. However, it is advisable for everyone to still get a PCR negative report taken within 72 hrs as the airline or rule of some countries may require the same for outbound travel.
- Copy of Nepalese Visa or recommendation letter from Department of Tourism (Nepal Tourism Board).
- Hotel booking confirmation or guarantee of accommodation.
- Copy of Travel Insurance that covers health, immediate crisis or rescue for the duration of their travel.
- Barcode generated after the online application of International Travel Arrival Form from https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add_en.php
- The concerned airlines shall give boarding clearance to the passenger after making sure that the passenger has all the above documents.
After arriving in Nepal
- All incoming tourists must take a mandatory COVID test upon arrival in Nepal at their own cost in coordination with the respective local agency.
- The tourist can continue with their itinerary if the report is negative. In case the report is positive, the tourist must continue to stay in hotel quarantine until the report reads negative.
Please contact us for more information.