Mount Kailash Pilgrimage Tour is considered to be one of the most religious tour visiting sacred place on earth. Moun Kailash is sacred to four different religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Bon. Nobody has ever summited this sacred mountain and it is visited by a small number of pilgrims each year. Pilgrims come to circumnavigate the mountain, some religions go clockwise, some counterclockwise.
Hindus believe that Lord Shiva resides at the top of the mountain with his wife, in an eternal state of meditation. Mount Kailash is sacred for Tantric Buddhists as they believe the Buddha Demchock, who is a figure of supreme bliss, lives here. In Jainism, they believe that Mount Kailash is where the first Jain became liberated and in Bon, followers believe that Mount Kailash and the surrounding region is the “seat of all spiritual power.”
The path around Mount Kailash is 52km in total and pilgrims complete this pilgrimage tour believing that it will bring them good fortune. You do not have to be apart of any of these religions, or of any religion for that matter to make this journey, many people from all over the world come here for the spirituality and peacefulness that Mount Kailash exudes. The reason for doing this pilgrimage is personal to you, whether it be to find inner peace, bask in the deep spirituality of the place and the pilgrims or simply just to experience something different, you will no doubt leave feeling replenished and enlightened.
Mount Kailash Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu – Rashuwagadhi – Kerung : (2800 Meters) 168 km [ 7 to 8 hours Drive ]
Our representative will pick you up from hotel in Kathmandu in the morning then we will drive through small mountain roads to the border at Nepalese side, on the way you can enjoy the waterfall, rivers & forest. After arriving in Kerung, we will meet our Tibetan guide and driver at Nepal-Tibet border and make the necessary immigration paper work and then continue our drive to Kerung town at the distance of 20 Km. Overnight at Kerung town.
Day 02: Kerung : (2800 Mts)
One day rest in kerung for acclimatization and preparation. Overnight in Kerung
Day 03: Kerung – saga : ( 4350Mts) 160 km [ 5-6hours ]
After breakfast your journey will start to saga through Ghantula pass (5226 meter) viewing the beautiful scenery of Bramhaputra river. Overnight in saga
Day 04: Saga –mansarovar : (4500 Mts) 466 km [ 7-8 hours ]
After breakfast you will start your journey to Mansarovar through Dongpa Mahim la pass and first sight of Holy Kailash Parbat and Mansarovar throung Beautiful surroundings. Overnight in Mansarovar
Day 05: Mansarovar –Darchen : (4500-4600Mts) 40 km [ 2-3 hours ]
After finishing the holy bath and ritual puja in Mansarovar Lake, we will continue our drive to Darchen which is also known as base camp of Mount Kailash. Overnight in Darchen.
Day 06: Darchen – Dirapuk : (5000-5100Mts) 18 km [ 5-6 hours]
After the morning breakfast, the drive will start for about 7 km by Bus to Yamadwar. The journey of hiking trip starts by walking along the beautiful hills waterfalls and beautiful clear blue sky facing the great view of mount kailash.
Overnight in Dira puk
Day 07: Dera puk- Zuthul puk : (4800-4900Mts) 22 km [ 7-8 hours ]
Before Sunrise your journey begins from Dera puk to zuthul puk passing the highest pass Dolma La pass (of height 5630 Meter) and viewing the holy place gauri kunda on the way .BY afternoon you will reach to Zuthul puk. Overnight in Zuthul puk
Day 08: Zuthul puk –saga: (4300-4400 Mts) 479 km [ 7-8 hours ]
The journey of the hiking trip ends after walking for over 2 hours for distance of around 10 km. After morning breakfast you will return to saga by bus. Overnight in saga
Day 09: Saga – Kerung : (2700- 2800 Mts) 160 km [4-5 hours ]
After morning Breakfast your drive will start from saga to kerung.
Overnight in Kerung
Day 10: Kerung –Kathmandu: – 1350 Meter 168 km [ 7-8 hours ]
After morning Breakfast your drive will start from Kerung to Kathmandu through Rasuwagadhi, after reaching Kathmandu at the evening our journey will be completed.
9 night 10 day Kailash Pilgrimage tour costs USD 1255 per person
What are included
- Transportation by van/ bus as per group size (pickup from Kathmandu on Day 1 and Drop off on Day 10)
- Tibet travel permit.
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Accommodation on twin sharing room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary.
- Daily breakfast.
- Applicable taxes.
What are not included
- Lunch, dinner, beverages and bar bills.
- Travel insurance any cost that occurred due to unforeseen circumstances that is beyond our control.
- Tibet Visa Fee : USD 125 (additional 90 / total USD 215 for American/Canadian and Brazilian passport holder)
Before booking this 10-day Kailash Tour, kindly read the information below:
- You must send us scanned copy of your passport as soon as you book the trip.
- You need to be physically present in Kathmandu and provide the original passport three days prior to the trip starting date. For example if you select tour departing on Saturday, you should be in Nepal and provide the original passport by Tuesday. You will also need to visit the Chinese embassy in Kathmandu to provide biometrics. We will provide further information about this when we meet in person to collect the passport.
- Book the tour by paying deposit of USD 100. Due balance USD 1155 should be paid in cash upon arrival in Kathmandu.