- 12 Days
- 12 People max
The Annapurna Circuit Trek for 12 days is a true classic! Trekkers from near and far have hailed it as one of the best itineraries in the world, with its visit to Thorong La Pass, amazing mountain vistas, and pristine areas of natural beauty.
It has been six decades since the Annapurna Circuit Trek opened to visitors in 1949, and it is still among the world’s most captivating trails. Every year, more than 40,000 trekkers travel to the Annapurna region.
The Annapurna Circuit trek is a complete trekking experience, starting from the rugged mountains of Lamjung and extending to the highest altitude of 5,410 meters. The trek explores the trans-Himalaya region of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains.
The Annapurna Circuit Trek for 12 days reveals to you the magic of Annapurna Circuit. The natural and cultural diversity of the region is astonishing. The highlight of the trek is the jaw-dropping views of Annapurna, Gangapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machapuchhre, and many more snow-covered peaks.
The experience is nothing less than magical.
There are certainly challenges along the way to reach our maximum elevation of 5,416 meters; the Thorong La Pass is a tough feat, but believe us when we say that it is worth the effort! When you witness the panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas and experience the warm welcome from the local people, you will surely agree with us that this trek is not to be missed.
The route takes us to the districts of Manang and Mustang, the only Nepali districts “across” the mountains and completely surrounded by the Annapurna Range. We follow the River Marsyangdi from the beginning, all the way to Thorong La Phedi, crossing its crystal, icy waters many times on impressive suspension bridges.
The Annapurna Circuit Trek starts right after your jeep drive to Dharapani and follows the Marsyangdi River with great views of Manaslu and Him Chuli to the east. This magnificent route leads you through traditional Manangi villages inhabited by friendly, habitual people who always offer a warm welcome amidst the magical, snow-capped Himalayas.
You will not be disappointed on this 12-day Annapurna Circuit Trek; the spectacular views of the majestic Himalayas and the glistening waters of a high-altitude lake will keep you regaling your experiences for years to come.
Annapurna Circuit Trek 12 Days Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 meters), meet at the airport, and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Jagat (1300 meters) – 8 hours.
Day 03: Trek to Dharapani (1960 meters) – 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Chame (2710 meters) – 5 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Pisang (3300 meters) – 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Manang (3540 meters) – 6 hours.
Day 07: Acclimatization day at Manang (3,540 meters).
Day 08: Trek to Letdar (4,230 meters) – 4 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Thorang Phedi (4,600 meters) – 4 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Muktinath (3800 meters) via Thorang La Pass (5,416 meters) – 8 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Jomsom (2670 meters) – 4 hours.
Day 12: Fly to Pokhara (900 meters) – transfer to your hotel; further on your own.
The Annapurna Circuit Trek 12 Days itinerary is ideal for those seeking a complete trekking experience in Nepal, as it introduces you to all aspects of rural life in the Himalayas and hills of Nepal.
You can book this tour on any date that suits your schedule. Please note that a minimum of two participants are required to book online. If you are a solo trekker, please contact us to make arrangements.
This itinerary is standard, but we can customize it to meet your specific preferences. Come and explore the beauty of Annapurna with us.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Trek 12 Days Itinerary:
- The Thorong La pass, at 5,410 meters, is the highest altitude pass in Nepal and also the highest point of this trek. On reaching this point, you will surely experience a sense of satisfaction and achievement.
- The landscape on this trail has surprising diversity, from dense green forests to trans-Himalayan deserts, pristine blue rivers, glacial lakes, waterfalls, and unforgettable views of Annapurna. This trek has it all.
- There is a variety of culture and lifestyle throughout the Annapurna Circuit trek, with Tamang, Gurung, Ghale, Thakali, and other ethnic groups living in this area.
- Monasteries and Gumbas reflect the glorious history and intricate art and architecture of the region.
- Muktinath, an important pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists, is the ultimate place to attain salvation according to Hindu mythology.
- The Kaligandaki gorge is the deepest gorge in the world, where different types of unique stones and gems can be found.