- We organize Langtang Valley Trek round the year, best time to do it is during spring (March to mid June) and autumn (September to early December).
- 4,984 meters / 16,351 feet.
- 7 nights and 8 days
- 12 People Maximum.
- Kathmandu, Nepal
Langtang Valley Trek takes you on a journey to the remote valley of Langtang. The trek is known for its high mountain lakes and the beautiful Kyanjin Gompa.
You will see amazing views of the Himalayas, walk on pristine trekking trails, and learn about the traditions of the Tibetan influenced local people.
Langtang Valley Trek itinerary:
Day 1: We will pick you up from your hotel in Kathmandu and take a 7-hour bus ride to Sybru Bensi (1462 meters).
Day 2: Trek for 5 hours to reach Lama Hotel (2500 meters).
Day 3: Trek for 5 hours to reach Langtang Village (3307 meters).
Day 4: Trek for 4 hours to reach Kyanjin Gompa (3798 meters).
Day 5: The group will decide to trek to Kyanjin Ri (4773m/3 hours) or Tsergo Ri (4984 meters/7 hours) and return to Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 6: Trek for 6 hours back to Lama Hotel.
Day 7: Trek for 6 hours to reach Syabru Besi.
Day 8: Take a 7-hour bus ride back to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
The Langtang Valley Trekking trail is located in a national park to the north of Kathmandu near the Tibetan border. The Langtang Lirung (7246m) dominates the skyline while forests, farmland, traditional villages, and the deep gorges of the Bhote Koshi and the Langtang Khola prevail on the valley floor.
Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek:
- Langtang National Park: This trek is located in the Langtang National Park, one of the most unspoiled national parks in Nepal, offering a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the endangered red panda.
- Kyanjin Gompa: The trek takes you to the Kyanjin Gompa, a beautiful Buddhist monastery surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- Stunning Himalayan Views: The trek offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including Langtang Lirung (7246m), which dominates the skyline.
- Traditional Villages: You get to experience the time-honored traditions of the Tibetan influenced local people and their culture, ethnicity, and lifestyle.
- Remote Valley: Langtang Valley is a beautifully remote valley with high mountain lakes and deep gorges of the Bhote Koshi and Langtang Khola.
- Trekking Trails: The pristine trekking trails through a sumptuous environment make the Langtang Valley Trek unforgettable.
The forests on the trek are home to many types of wildlife including wild boar, Himalayan black bears, ghoral, grey langur monkeys, leopards, musk deer, and the endangered red panda. The upper Langtang Valley is also a breeding ground for the Tibetan snow cock and snow partridge, which you may be lucky enough to see.