21 nights & 22 days.
12 people max
Spring and Autumn
5545 meters / 18192 feet at Kalapatthar.
Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu.
All year round.
The Everest Three Pass Trek is a challenging adventure, but the rewards are endless! We will venture into the beautiful Khumbu Region, including the Everest Base Camp Trek, and visit Kala Pathar before tackling not just one, not two, but three high mountain passes. The sense of achievement you will experience from this trek is mind-blowing, and the scenery is equally spectacular.
We will spend time in Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital and gateway to the high Himalaya, before ascending to higher altitudes. Tyangboche is a magical resting place for the night, with panoramic vistas and a wonderful, ornate monastery. We will venture further into this mountainous region, conquering steep inclines and rocky trails before marveling at the views from three different passes.
The Everest Three Pass Trek is for energetic individuals who enjoy a challenge, 17 days of walking, endless panoramas, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Everest Three Pass Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1345m / 4412ft), meet us at the airport, and transfer to the hotel. Free time if any on your own.
Day 2: Pre-trek meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley.
Day 3: Short flight to Lukla (2840m / 9317ft) and trek to Phakding (2610m/ 8562ft) / (3.5 hours trek)
Day 4 – 5: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m / 11286ft / 6 hours) and acclimatization day.
Day 6: Trek to Tyangboche (3860m/ 12665ft / 5 hours)
Day 7 – 8: Trek to Dingboche (4360m/ 14305ft / 5 hours) / Acclimatization
Day 9: Trek to Chhukung and Chhukung Ri (peak) Alt. 4,730m / 15,518ft. (4 1/2 hrs)
Day 10: Trek over Kongma La Pass (5,535m / 18160ft) and trek to Labuche (4910m / 16,108ft / 6 1/2 hrs)
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,364m / 17598ft) trek to Gorakshep (5140m / 16,860ft / 8hrs)
Day 12: Ascend Kala Pathar (5,554m / 18,190ft) and trek to Zongla (4,830m / 15,842ft / 8hrs)
Day 13: Trek over Cho La Pass (5,330m / 17486ft) and trek to Thagnag (4,700m / 15,416ft / 5hrs)
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo (4,790m / 15,711ft / 2hrs)
Day 15: Exploration day (explore 5th Lake and Gokyo Ri (5,360m / 17585ft)
Day 16: Trek over Renjo La Pass (5,345m / 17536ft) and trek to Lunghden (4,560m / 14,956ft / 6hrs)
Day 17: Trek to Thame (3,820m / 12,592ft / 6hrs)
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar (5hrs)
Day 19: Trek to Lukla (7 hrs)
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel. Free time on your own.
Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu. Works as buffer day if there is any delay on your Everest Three Pass Trek.
Day 22: Departure. Transfer to airport as per your flight departure time.
Highlights of Everest Three Pass Trek
• Trekking through the stunning Khumbu Region of Nepal, which is home to some of the world’s highest mountains like Mount Everest, Mount Amadablam, and Mount Makalu.
• Visiting famous landmarks such as Everest Base Camp and Kala Pathar, where you can see breathtaking views of the Himalayan range, especially at sunrise.
• Crossing three high mountain passes – Kongma La, Cho La, and Renjo La Pass – each of which offers breathtaking views of surrounding peaks and glaciers.
• Exploring Sherpa villages and experiencing their unique culture and way of life.
• Visiting ancient monasteries and learning about the rich history of the region.
• Trekking through diverse landscapes, such as lush forests, alpine meadows, and rugged mountain terrain.
• Challenging oneself both physically and mentally and feeling a sense of accomplishment upon completing the trek.
Important information about re-routing of Lukla flight:
The Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal has issued a notice instructing airlines to divert all Lukla flights to Manthali airport. Manthali airport is located in Ramechap District, which is about 145 km or a 4-hour drive from Kathmandu. This airport started operations in 2019 and has been successful in reducing traffic at Kathmandu airport. Until further notice, travelers will need to drive 4 hours to catch a flight to Lukla and another 4 hours back to Kathmandu after the flight from Lukla. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.