Makalu base camp trek is an extraordinary trek to the world’s fifth highest mountain, located east of Everest. Makalu is a four-sided pyramid rising to an altitude of 8462 meters and is truly an amazing sight. The trek is a wonderful venture into Sherpa villages, cultivated fields, glaciers, snowy peaks, high mountain passes and remote regions.
Views of the Chamlang Range in the distance will blow you away as we enter the beautiful Arun valley before crossing the Shipton La Pass (4127 m) through rhododendron forests into the upper Barun Khola Valley. During the trek we will meet the ethnic groups of Limbu, Newar and Rai at the lower elevations and Sherpa at the higher elevations, an intriguing group of people following a traditional lifestyle. At the Makalu base camp there are some magnificent views to be had; the imposing south face of Makalu, and further along nearby ridges, the mighty Everest, Lhotse and the Barun Glacier.
This trip is an unforgettable trek into one of the most remote areas of Nepal where very few trekkers can be seen, show-casing a variety of cultures and ethnicity and a diverse ecosystem in the Himalayas. If you ever wanted to get away form it all and experience tranquility like you have never known, we can offer it to you in abundance on the way to Makalu Base camp.
The Cost Include(s)
- International airport arrival/departure transfers.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu heritages day tour.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek.
- Camping equipments, kitchen equipments, mattress, toilet tent, shower, dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
- English speaking guide and other crew member (like cook, Sherpa, porters etc);
- Expenditure for the field staffs that includes their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine etc.
- Trekking entry permits
- Mosaic adventure sleeping bag, jacket, duffel bag to use during the trek (on request)
- All other surface/air transportation throughout the trip as described in the itinerary.
- Government imposed taxes.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Lunch/Dinner while you are in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses: phone, laundry, sweets, beverages (bottled water / coke etc)
- Travel insurance (essential), Nepal visa and international airfare
- Trekking equipment except stated on cost includes
- Tipping (expected by trekking crew but not mandatory)
- Any expenses arising due to unforeseen circumstances such that is beyond Mosaic Adventure control.