An Everest Base Camp Trek with a twist! Everest Base Camp via Jiri itinerary starts from lower altitudes, at Jiri. This is the original classic route to Everest base camp before the opening of the airport in Lukla.
This path has been walked by the likes of Sir Edmund Hillary, Tenzing Norge Sherpa and many other budding mountaineers. The route dates back to the 1950s and heads eastbound through lush green vegetation to the Lamjura La and Thaksindo before following the banks of the Dudh Koshi River.
As this Everest Base Camp via Jiri route begins at a lower altitude than the other routes to base camp starting in Lukla, trekkers usually adapt to the increasing altitude better as they have more time and there is a slow and steady climb up to higher altitudes. The trek eventually joins the more popular route from Lukla and continues on to the lively and vibrant hillside town of Namche Bazar, which offers stupendous views of Kwangde, Thamserku, Nuptse, Lhotse and Ama Dablam. It then heads up to the beautiful site of Tyangboche where you will experience mesmerizing, panoramic views, before climbing on to Everest Base Camp itself, leaving you feeling literally on top of the world!
The Cost Include(s)
- International airport arrival/departure transfers.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu city tour with entrance fees.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- An English speaking Guide and required number of Porters (1 for 2 people basis) to carry your luggage during the trek; their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipments, medicine.
- Lukla - Kathmandu flight fare
- Required trekking area entry permits.
- Mosaic adventure duffel bag, sleeping bag and down jacket to use during the trek (on request)
- Government imposed taxes.
The Cost Exclude(s)
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks etc.,
- All kind of beverages.
- Travel Insurance (Essential).
- Personal trekking equipment except stated above.
- Tipping (expected by guides and porters but not mandatory)
- Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances that is beyond Mosaic Adventure control.