Manaslu region is one of the hidden and most adventurous trekking routes of Nepal. Manaslu circuit trek is the full of thrill traveling on the off the beaten path and are specially designed for luring adventurous travelers.
This trekking trail is newly opened in the restricted Manaslu Conservation area. It is opened for foreign trekkers and mountain climbers since 1992.
If you’re experienced or particularly free-willed trekker, you might want to trek Manaslu Circuit independently, no tour operator, no guide, no porter, just you and the trail !!!!
But unfortunately, you can’t trek Manaslu region without a professional trekking guide.
Since this trekking route is less populated in comparison to other popular trekking trails. This trek is ideal for those who are wondering to travel to the isolated trekking route.
As this trekking route lies in the restricted area, the certain terms and conditions need to be followed. You’re not allowed to enter the region without the trekking permits and professional guide.
Also, the special trekking permits and the trip must be organized through an official and registered trekking company. For foreign trekkers, at least two people are required to enter this region.
Manaslu circuit trek offers the jaw-dropping views of world’s 8th highest Mt. Manaslu, 10th highest Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Gangapurna, and Annapurna III.
This off – beaten trek begins with the exciting drive from Kathmandu to Arughat village.
The trekking region is mostly inhabited by two major ethnic groups; Gurung and Sherpa. Both communities follow the Buddhism. The culture and tradition are similar to the neighboring territory of Tibet.
The trek offers a fantastic combination of rich cultural heritage and untouched natural beauty and biological diversity.
Although this adventure trek is categorized under the strenuous trek, it is possible for first-time trekkers too. However, high level of fitness, willpower, and dedication is important.
It is now slowly emerging as the best tea house trekking routes in Nepal.
There is only one alternative of Manaslu Circuit Trek without guide that is to hire a porter guide. But Porter guide also must be government licensed holder. Porter guide can assist you to carry your backpack up to 10-12 kg.
Table of Contents
Essential Trekking Permits
After all Manaslu region lies in restricted trekking areas, you are required to have the restricted area permit. The following trekking permits are required;
- Restricted Area Permit
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit,
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- Tsum Valley Permit (Optional if you plan to explore Tsum valley)
However, you aren’t required to carry TIMS card, since you have the restricted trekking permits. To obtain all these trekking permits you need a local trekking company.
Cost of Hiring Registered Guide and Porter for Manaus Circuit Trek
- Registered trekking guide wages is US $25 per day. This cost includes meals, accommodations, equipment, salary, and insurance.
- Porter wage is US $18 per day. This cost includes meals, accommodations, equipment, salary, and insurance.
- The cost of Manaslu special trekking permits is US $70 per week and after 7 days per day per person US $10.
- TIMS card permit cost is US $10 per person.
- Annapurna Conservation entrance permit cost is US $22 per person
- Manaslu Conservation entrance permits cost is US $ 22 per person.
Reason to Hire a Professional Trekking Guide
- Mountain terrain is a very unforgiving place. If you hire a guide, they will look after you during the whole trek. Guides are well trained on safety precaution and will ensure your safety.
- The trekking guides are well familiar with the Government trekking permits. You don’t have to run for the permits just relax as those permits will be arranged by trekking company.
- One of the interesting fact to hire a local guide is they’re well familiar with the culture and lifestyle of the people living there. If you trek through the trekking company then the guide will explain you about the local cultures and traditions. A guide will make you comfortable to interact with the locals and you’ll understand the local culture.
- The one thing no one wants is to get ill during the vacation. Trekking is to walk in the Himalayas where weather can change instantly and altitude sickness is a big problem on high altitude trek. In case if you get ill then the guide will immediately get help. So, in this type of situation, a guide would be your life-saving company.
- While trekking with a guide you’ll get a correct information related to the weather, trekking routes, and so on.
- Trekking in the remote areas you might not get friendly with the locality. So traveling independently means you have to book accommodation in advance. You might not get a fact information about the accommodation and food. But if you travel with a guide you don’t need to worry about the accommodation and food. During peak trekking season, you may not get a room in the teahouse without prior booking. Trekking guide will take you to the best place. Thus, you don’t need to take any tension of food and accommodation.
Yes, to trek in Manaslu region, you must be accompanied by a professional trekking guide.
Trekking without guide in a remote Himalayan region is also a big hassle. As you have to arrange the accommodation, trekking routes, and meals on your own.
Although trekking permits and mandatory guide makes somehow difficult for most of the budget trekkers. But it’s good to have a guide and it would be awesome if the guide can speak native
Tibetan language. Most of the people on the highland doesn’t speak Nepali, even they don’t speak at all.
Likewise, it might be difficult to find good well-experienced trek guide. Not only experience, the trekking guide must be registered and possess a license.
Since, if it is your first-time trek in Nepal, you might get difficult to find a genuine guide. Thus, it is better if you do Manaslu Circuit trek through a local trekking agency.
Being a leading trekking agency in Nepal we Mosaic Adventure will successfully arrange professional trekking guide for the successful completion of the trek.
Also, for our dear female travelers we can arrange friendly, experienced, and licensed holder female trekking guide.
If you want more information about Manaslu Circuit trek or any other trekking package feel free to contact us. We are happy to serve you at any time !!!